Waste/Water Service Technician
Sun Valley General Improvement District is located in Sun Valley, NV
Sun Valley General Improvement District is now accepting applications for Certified Grade I/II Water Distribution Service Technician and/or Entry Level position. Individual will be required to complete a 6 month introductory period in which the employee will be exposed to all aspects of the District’s Field Operations and will be evaluated for advancement to a permanent status and possible advancement.
Position performs operation and maintenance of the water distribution system, wastewater collection system, parks, pool, District facilities, and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, water main and service line installations and repairs, wastewater main and lateral installations and repairs, wastewater main flushing, meter installations, park maintenance, and general buildings and ground maintenance. Work is performed outdoors and in inclement weather. Position requires 24 hour standby/on-call duty on a rotating basis.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- By the end of the 6 month introductory period, this employee must demonstrate the ability to meet all the requirements and perform all the tasks listed in the Service Tech I job description to advance.
- State of Nevada Water Distribution certification preferred or must obtain within 2 years from date of employment as a Service Technician/Entry Level.
- Must be able to obtain a Class B CDL within 1 year.
First Review of Applications begins September 24, 2021.
Position open until filled
Sun Valley General Improvement District is an equal opportunity employer
Click apply to submit your resume today!