$2000 Sign On Bonus Plus $500 Quarterly Retention Bonus
Requisition Number: DENTA01506
- Facilitates positive patient experiences in the dental clinic while ensuring efficient and productive patient flow.
- Prepares operatory for patient visit and procedures demonstrating knowledge of dentistry procedures, procedure set up, and materials.
b. Greets and establishes rapport with patient. Ensures that patient is treated with care and compassion throughout the visit.
c. Collects and records patient health history.
d. Collects and submits all patient services and billing information.
e. Assists the care provider and supports the patient in the provision of optimal comprehensive care, before, during and after procedures.
f. Completes dental x-rays pursuant to Iowa Code Chapter 20 Section 650.
g. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures to minimize risk of radiation exposure to employees and patients.
h. Provides laboratory support, including pouring and trimming study models.
i. Performs direct patient care as delegated by the dentist in accordance with the Iowa practice act.
j. Instructs patients and their family members on general oral health care and information related to post-treatment care.
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, materials, and equipment. Maintains documents for equipment maintenance as well as instrument and supply inventory.
3. Follows infection control policies and procedures.
- Performs pre-cleaning and transport of contaminated instruments.
b. May perform sterile processing of instruments as assigned.
- Ensures assigned tasks are completed in compliance with all applicable regulations, accreditation standards and PHC policies and procedures.
5. Completes and maintains patient records and related documents consistent with HIPAA and other related regulations and PHC policies and procedures.
- Graduation from an accredited dental assisting program or documentation of equivalent training that meets the Iowa Dental Board requirements for dental assistants
2. Current QDA Registration through the Iowa Dental Board
3. *Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers Certification recognized by the American Heart Association
4. *Current Mandatory Reporter Training: Child and Dependent Adult Abuse recognized by the Iowa Department of Public Health
*Must obtain within 90 days of hire/transfer date if not current upon hire/effective date.
Typical Work Hours
This position typically works 40 hours per week. The schedule for this position is tentative and will vary based on clinic needs but will typically be Monday - Friday between 8:00AM - 5:00PM, with occasional evening hours.
Compensation & Benefits
PHC Dental Assistants are eligible for a starting base rate of $17.25 - $25.00 per hour calculated based on each individual's related experience and education.
PHC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- $2,000 sign-on bonus ($500 at hire, $500 at 6 months, $1000 at 1 year)
- Qualified individuals are eligible for up to a $500 quarterly retention bonus as part of special funding through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Bonuses are time limited through the Spring of 2023.
- Generous PTO accrual (equal to 4 weeks at end of 1st year) plus paid holidays
- License/certification fee reimbursement
- Paid time off for continuing education & continuing education reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Medical insurance - PHC Pays, on average, 80% of medical premiums for all plan types (employee, employee + family, etc.)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Supplemental accident & critical illness insurance
- Discounts on pet insurance