Unit Coordinator-(PRN/Evening)Nursing Facility-Pontotoc
North Mississippi Medical Center Pontotoc, MS Full-time Nursing
Posted on December 12, 2021
- Effectively and efficiently coordinates the activities of the nursing unit
- Assists with all admissions, discharges, transfers and changes within the unit utilizing the electronic patient tracking system and electronic medical record.
- Performs a variety of office, secretarial and other related duties both within and in support of assigned unit
- Manages all intake and outbound documents
- Handles incoming and outgoing communications
- Effectively and efficiently answer patients' call lights/requests and reports requests to appropriate personnel
- Orders, stocks, and replenishes unit supplies and necessary equipment in a cost efficient manner
- Participates in identifying unit financial responsibility during budget preparation
- Assists with keeping unit within its budget restraints
- Facilitates unit communication including, but not limited to, telephones, intercom system, call light system, computers, etc. and relays information as appropriate
- Communicates patient information, concerns, or issues to appropriate interdisciplinary team member(s)
- Facilitates and directs communication among visitors, employees, and physicians within assigned unit
- Welcomes visitors to the unit by greeting them, answering questions, giving directions, and referring inquiries as appropriate to nursing staff.
- Answers telephone and directs calls and inquiries to the appropriate department or staff member.
- Polite and friendly in all interactions whether by phone or in person
- Ensures a safe and clean environment for patients and health care team
- Facilitates effective communication between disciplines by providing organized medical records
- Assures timely and accurate access to pertinent patient data
- Maintains unit-specific records/reports (i.e. unit log books, staffing sheets, etc.) as assigned
- Adheres to professional standards, behavioral standards, and hospital policies as set forth by the organization
- Complies with applicable Local/State/Federal policies/procedures/guideline/regulations/laws/statues
- Maintains confidentiality by protecting personal healthcare information of all patients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Obtains and maintains CPR certification as set forth by unit and Continuing Education.
- Must meet and maintain education requirements upon hire and annually as determined by unit and Continuing Education Department
- Working knowledge of office equipment (i.e. telephones, fax machines, scanners, etc.) required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Working knowledge of computers required