Charge Nurse R.N.- 6 South, Full Time, Days
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Nursing
Posted on December 15, 2021
- Uses the nursing process to provide safe, quality patient care and document accordingly.
- Works to ensure his/her compliance with all NMHS policies and requirements as directed by the Nurse Manager and Educator.
- Provides patient/family education and acts as a resource for existing staff and new employees.
- Attends the Preceptor class to ensure proper training of new employees
- Maintains communication with multidisciplinary team members to provide holistic care to the patient.
- Leads daily huddles on each unit to ensure proper assignments and identify team members for the shift.
- Delegates tasked to be completed during the shift to ensure EOC guidelines are maintained on a daily basis for Joint Commission compliance.
- Projects caring, friendly and helpful image to patients and other customers.
- Utilized the patient's communication board (white board) to identify name, date, goals, other staff and procedures or test for the day to keep the patients and families informed.
- Complies by the NMHS behavioral standards.
- Ensures staff RN's are utilizing the communication boards.
- Maintains competency by staying informed of changing trends in the nursing practice.
- Attends annual review and unit specifics within the department.
- Performs required continuing education hours online and in classroom.
- Complies with regulatory and accrediting agency requirements.
- Licensed by the board of Nursing for the state.