Experienced Meat Cutter
Full-time Experienced Meat Cutter at McLean Beef, Inc. York, NE 68467
Work in the fabrication/cut room of McLean Beef as breakdown specialist. This role is the responsible in the accurate and expeditious breakdown of the carcass and/or operation of the bandsaw to further break down the carcass. Anyone applying for this role must have a high skill level and plenty of experience. This is not an entry level job. As a part of the application process, you will be asked to come for ½ day and work in our fab room to showcase your skills.
Wage per hour starting at $20.00 - Depends on experience and education.
Experience: prior butchery, 5+ year, raw meat cutting, 5+ years
Education: High School
Must be physically able to lift up to 75+ pounds.
Must be able to be on feet (standing and walking) for up to 9 hours a day.
This position is continually exposed to a cool environment and dampness. There is frequent noise from the saws, exposure to cleaning and solvents. This is a fast-paced work environment.
Processing of the carcass in the fab room.
o Breaking down of the carcass with a knife
o Working on the bandsaw to further breakdown the carcass
o Keeping track of the required paperwork and HACCP forms
o Must be able to read and write English
Other role tasks include:
• ensure safety of yourself and your teammates
• follow all procedures and guidelines that maintain the food safety in our plant
• follow directions on the customers’ order form
• strive to increase your skills to produce the highest quality product
• maintain the highest quality products that are offered for sale
• use PPE correctly when required
• proper use of equipment and tools
• maintain records as required
• cleaning of equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com or go to www.mcleanbeef.com under employment and fill out the form. Questions, call 402-362-0055 option #2