Part-time Kitchen Help
Chances "R" Restaurant has an immediate opening for Full-time Kitchen Help.
*No experience required, we are willing to train the right applicant!*
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and organize cooking stations in the kitchen for yourself and other chefs.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food on the line at all times.
- Inspect and clean food preparations areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, preparing sauces etc.)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Ensure recipes are properly prepared per standard while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.All other duties as assigned.
- Washes all wares including pots, plans, flatware, and glasses, by hand or using dishwashers.
- Correctly places and stores clean equipment, dishes, and utensils in assigned storage areas.
- Stocks serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and other assigned areas with necessary dishes and utensils.
- Cleans trash receptacles with water or steam.
- Moves dishwashing supplies and equipment from storage to work area by hand or using hand trucks.
- May assist in cleaning and preparing various foods for cooking and/or serving, as directed.
- Ensures work areas remain safe, clean, and orderly, adhering to all company, local, and state guidelines regarding health, safety, and sanitation.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.